Monday, March 19, 2012

What's for Lunch?

It's time for lunch and due to my poor planning I have no idea what to eat. Portland really is a gluten free mecca, so at least I have options. I have food carts within walking distance, Mexican places, Thai food, Japanese food, Deschutes Brewery, PF Changs, Whole food grocery, all with gluten free food available. But I'm also trying to lose weight and avoid sugar and dairy so that limits me. I get myself into trouble deciding on something like sushi, planning to get only GF items, but oh, those battered and fried rolls are so hard to resist. The Cuban cart, El Cubo de Cuba, has several GF items but I eat the equivalent of two entire meals when I go there, it's so good. The joke at the office is that I'm some sort of curry addict, but the Thai carts and restaurant nearby have such good curry that I dream about it. Hm, guess I'll go to the library and see what I walk by. Tonight I'm for sure making Canadian bacon pizza with Bob's red mill pizza crust mix and Daiya cheese! and tomorrow, leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment